I am running for State Treasurer because of my strong experience in Finance, from entry level to the executive level. As the former Chief Finance Officer and Budget Director for the State Treasurer’s office, I’ll be ready to lead the office on day one. In addition, I have 4 years of military service, which has enhanced my abilities to see more options to simple and complex tasks.
My 5 Point Plan for the Treasurer's Office:
1. Request a current audit and review prior audits to reveal any deficiencies and correct those items plus review the policies and procedures and update where necessary. For far too long the State Treasurer's office and its reputation has come under scrutiny, let's change the culture once and for all.
2. Review current staff positions to insure that each employee has the credentials, knowledge and training for their position, to cross check on all fiscal entries relevant to the State Treasurer’s Office. We need an efficient office that will work for all New Mexicans.
3. Restore the broken relationship with NM State Personnel Office. Just one year into my opponent's term, the agency cut ties with the Treasurer's office due inappropriate and sexist remarks. I will build strong and healthy relationships with all state agencies and treat everyone with dignity and respect.
4. Being Responsible to the taxpayer. A State Treasurer who will be fiscally responsible, as the state's banker, we need strong accountability and transparency. I will end duplicate services that are already provided by state agencies. No more large out-of-office contracts, or extravagant pay raises. I will never misuse taxpayer funds for lavish trips across the country.
5. Increase Overnight deposits. The State Treasurer has the ability to make overnight deposits which will earn the state additional funds. I want to insure that these investments are made often which will reap additional much needed funds towards the operation of state business.